SHORECLIFFS BEACH CLUB
The Beach Club maintains two paddle tennis courts. The game is adapted from tennis. It has been played in the United States for over 100 years. The court is 1/3 the size of regular tennis, uses a depressurized tennis ball, lower nets and a solid carbon/composite paddle that is perforated. The serve is underhand and the ball can land on either square on the opposing side. Scoring is the same as tennis.
Bobbie Mott, an original homeowner and first Club Manager (over 15 years), was the motivating force for having the courts built. She grew up playing Paddle Tennis on the legendary courts on Venice Beach. She continued to play at Shorecliffs until she fell while playing at age 86.
Through the years, the Club has organized tourneys and under the direction of Jon Pardeon, hosted some Invitational Tourneys that have attracted National Championship players. There is an active group of Shorecliffs homeowners and their guests who play weekly and are grateful for the well maintained courts and of course, the breathtaking beachfront view.
PADDLE COURT RULES
1. Courts are for the use of members and their guests only.
2. Four players maximum allowed on each court.
3. Paddles and tennis balls are the only sports equipment allowed on the courts
(no dodgeballs, volleyballs, bats, etc.).
4. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
5. 30 minute time limit when people are waiting.